November 07, 2016
PLANO, Texas (BUSINESS WIRE) Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK), a leader in the motion picture exhibition industry, will open a new 14-screen theatre in Tucson, Arizona, on Thursday, November 10. Located at 1300 E. Tucson Marketplace, the new Century Tucson Marketplace and XD will feature Cinemark’s NextGen cinema design concept, Luxury Lounger electric recliners in all auditoriums, a Cinema Café and a Cinemark XD auditorium.
“We are proud of the four neighborhoods of Pueblo Gardens, South Park, Las Vistas and Western Hills, as well as city staff, Cinemark and the developers for their work on the development and construction of this wonderful 14-screen theatre located in Ward 5 and the South side”. Tweet this
“This new state-of-the-art complex represents Cinemark’s fifth location in the Tucson market and the first new theatre featuring our Luxury Lounger recliners,” stated Mark Zoradi, Cinemark’s Chief Executive Officer. “Additionally, the theatre features a Cinemark XD auditorium, the absolute best way for our guests to enjoy a big, action-packed movie. The Century Marketplace will quickly become recognized as a top entertainment destination for the greater Tucson metropolitan area.”
“We are proud of the four neighborhoods of Pueblo Gardens, South Park, Las Vistas and Western Hills, as well as city staff, Cinemark and the developers for their work on the development and construction of this wonderful 14-screen theatre located in Ward 5 and the South side,” stated Ward 5 Councilmember, Richard Fimbres. “This will be a great opportunity for citizens on the South side to enjoy a movie in a state-of-the-art facility.”
“Eastbourne Investments, Retail West Properties and Land Advisors Organization congratulates Cinemark on the opening of this beautiful theatre. We are thrilled with its addition to the Tucson Marketplace. Lin’s Buffet will open by Christmas and Dave & Buster’s and Planet Fitness will be joining in spring of 2017 and we look forward to other exciting announcements to follow soon,” said Frank Egan, President, Eastbourne Investments, LTD.
Over the next few weeks, Cinemark will be exhibiting a variety of big blockbuster movies including “Doctor Strange,” “Trolls,” “Almost Christmas,” “Arrival” and “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.”
At the new Century Tucson Marketplace and XD guests will experience the comforts of a brand new NextGen theatre which boasts the latest cutting-edge technology and customer-preferred amenities including:
- Cinemark’s Luxury Loungers that are electric-powered, plush, oversized recliners with footrests and cup holders
- State-of-the-art viewing environment with wall-to-wall screens available in all auditoriums
- Cinemark XD: Extreme Digital Cinema auditorium. XD is the number one, private label Premium Large Format (PLF) in the world
- 4K digital projection powered by Barco projectors; RealD 3D capability in several auditoriums
- Enhanced sound systems that will enable customers to hear the movies as the filmmakers intended
- A cafeteria-style concession stand featuring popcorn, Coca-Cola’s Freestyle soda machines and favorite candy brands, plus expanded dining with a Cinema Café featuring Chicken tenders, wedge fries, individual pizzas, pretzel bites, hot dogs, scooped ice cream and Starbucks espresso drinks
The new Century Tucson Marketplace and XD Theatre has a variety of Grand Opening activities planned for the week. On Thursday, November 10 the theatre will host its official “Ticket Tearing” ceremony at 12:00 PM with Mayor Jonathan Rothschild and other special guests. Special Invitation-only events and screenings will take place on November 8 and 9.
ABOUT CINEMARK HOLDINGS, INC.
Cinemark is a leading domestic and international motion picture exhibitor, operating 522 theatres with 5,888 screens in 41 U.S. states, Brazil, Argentina and 13 other Latin American countries as of June 30, 2016. For more information, go to investors.cinemark.com.
Cinemark USA, Inc.
James Meredith, 972-665-1680
Ashten Conroy, 972-665-1253